Water is the prime substance of life. It’s remarkable to think that so many experts, companies and technologies have been dealing with the issue of water for decades, but still as per the UN FAO - 2.8 Billion people lack economic access to water infrastructure or live in areas of water scarcity.
It makes one wonder, what is the reason? What are we doing wrong? How can we do it better? And most important - how can we change this? This is the question that has troubled WaterWays while we contemplated our company's vision and as we tried to find our place in this market.
So what do we bring which is different, which can give a real solution:
WaterWays looks at the water challenge through the eyes of people and forming partnerships. As technical as the problem is, Technology alone is not the solution. We transfer needs into projects, incorporating technology with business and social models needed to overcome the sustainability challenge.
WWS provides a comprehensive holistic plan from identifying the challenge; writing proposals; on site evaluation; technological and organizational recommendations; integration for implementation; technology screening; fund sourcing, as needed; training, to maintenance and capacity building.
WWS working models incorporate:
- A local community which is looking for change and looking to improve their lives
- sufficient pre project planning;
- Use of appropriate technology, focusing on simple, decentralized, low maintenance and low energy technologies;
- WWS social models: enhancing understanding of the population and promoting community buy-in; empowerment of the community to instigate local responsiveness and participation incorporating local “wisdom of the masses” tools; proper integration between technology and the community taking into account local culture; training for self sufficiency; training on all levels and local mentorship.
- Appropriate business models enhancing community income allocated to maintenance, management, training and capacity building; and the option to combine private and donor money.
WWS bridges the gap and focuses on project sustainability
Fair Planet Seeds is looking for voluntaries – please read attached Ad below
Fair Planet Seeds - is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase food production and provide new economic opportunities for smallholder farmers in Africa, by addressing the lack of quality vegetable varieties. Looking for voluntaries for a project in Ethiopia. Contact: email@example.com
Preparations are underway:
· Visa for Cameroon – 440 NIS and 2 days later we got the visa to Cameroon with no complications, I’m happy to say.
· Niger – still working on it, keep holding your fingers for us